Does anyone live in Clevedon?

(5 Posts)
shopaholic85 Sun 28-Feb-16 09:58:10

DH and I are looking to move to Clevedon from London to be closer to my elderly MIL. I've not had a chance to check out the area, but DH went there yesterday and loved it. He was particularly taken with the seafront and Hill Road.

We are looking to start a family and intend to stay there for at least 10 years. DH already has a job in Bristol.

What's it like? Will we need to drive to Bristol all the time? Or does it have all the local shops and restaurants you need to get by? And will be easy to make friends? Are people friendly? I'm 31 and DH is 41. We're both teachers.

We will be renting from April, so would be great to meet Mumsnetters who live there when we arrive.

ladygoingGaga Sun 28-Feb-16 22:38:20

Live nearby grin
It is a lovely town, Hill road area and top part of town with views is especially lovely, has some great properties up there.
Easy travel to Bristol from there, and access to M5.

Has one of the best Italian restaurants in South West there, and a great tapas bar.

If you want to know more alert me know

shopaholic85 Mon 29-Feb-16 21:17:56

Thanks ladygoingGaga. I'm so relieved because we put an offer in on an apartment with sea views today. Just waiting to here back.

Bye bye London and Hello Clevedon!

dorotheamink Sat 09-Jul-16 09:04:55

Just wanted to say hi! I love in Clevedon and have just posted on another thread about someone relocating here. Did you get the place you wanted?
I'd be up for meeting if you are here :-)

dorotheamink Sat 09-Jul-16 09:05:26

Oh gawd, I do love in Clevedon but also live here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now