Talk

Advanced search

Attaching a board to a wall

(5 Posts)
EarSlaps Thu 25-Feb-16 13:15:24

I lovingly painted an MDF board with chalkboard paint to put in our playroom.

However when I tested the wall before drilling with a wire sensor it went crazy! I worked out that the wall is the other side to our fuse box, so the amount of wires must be setting off the sensor. I used my electrical screwdriver to test it, and that indicated where a lot of the wires are and I think there is a wire running along horizontally from the plug socket in that wall to the fuse board. Anyway, I don't feel that I can now confidently drill holes in the wall to put it up.

So is there a way I could attach the board to the wall without screws? Would No More Nails instant grab work or will it just fall back down again? Would gorilla glue work? I haven't had much success with the 3M no damage strips so don't want to try those.

The board and wall are nice and flat and the board weighs 3.2kgs.

lalalonglegs Thu 25-Feb-16 14:26:20

No More Nails or similar should be ok if the board isn't huge but it might leave a mess if you want to remove it.

EarSlaps Thu 25-Feb-16 14:46:05

I was thinking about trying the no more nails tape maybe? Might be a bit easier to get the board off the wall if needed, then could find a way to remove the tape marks. I think it will need a lot of tape though!

I'll give the wall a good clean down first to give it the best chance of sticking.

Damn all those cables! There really isn't another good place to put the board.

lalalonglegs Thu 25-Feb-16 19:30:12

I've not tried the tape but would be a bit skeptical of it working on MDF board which is quite heavy. If you are going to use it, I'd make sure that it that it's not over a bed or somewhere it could give someone a nasty clout if it does drop down...

EarSlaps Fri 26-Feb-16 08:19:18

Well it's up for now! The tape claims it can hold 120kg per roll and I used nearly a whole roll.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now