Builder doing his own thing

(6 Posts)
christhomps57 Tue 23-Feb-16 08:56:48

Help please, my loft conversion is going horrible wrong. The builders is doing his own thing and not following drawing and structural engineers calcs.

DoreenLethal Tue 23-Feb-16 08:59:55

You are the client, tell him to stop and find out why.

lalalonglegs Tue 23-Feb-16 09:24:46

In addition, get the structural engineer round to bollock him explain to him the importance of following his plans.

HereIAm20 Tue 23-Feb-16 17:09:24

Call Dominic Littlewood and get them on cowboy builders! Seriously tell him to stop work and do not pay him. At the least it won't comply with building control - at the worst it could fall in and damage the rest of your property!

christhomps57 Fri 26-Feb-16 10:31:00

Think he may be going bankrupt. His previous client phoned us and said he hasn't finished their job yet until he has further payment from them , which they have refused until job is finished properly. Also I have noticed his insurance certificate ran out end of Jan. I'm going to phone his insurance to check that he has renewed Hope they will tell me

njptvr Fri 26-Feb-16 11:58:17

Do you have any other evidence to suggest he is in financial trouble?

You should definitely speak to BC about the lack of following the plans and get a struc eng round to speak to him / check the work so far. Depending on where you are if you speak nicely to the BC guys they may well come round and have a look over things as they stand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now