Talk

Advanced search

Which way would you lay the floor in my kitchen?

(6 Posts)
RuddyHellItsSoftCell Mon 22-Feb-16 17:54:01

Screed is down and fancy vinyl that looks like wooden floor is being installed tomorrow. I've been asked which way I want the planks to lie. I just assumed they'd be perpendicular to the door, running straight down as you enter, but now I'm wondering if they should be parallel to the door to draw the eye across the room. We usually have a big dining table plus sofa and easy chair and spend a lot of time here. I hate decisions like this, what would you do? Thanks in advance

Bamaluz Mon 22-Feb-16 18:58:22

Well if it's any help DH fits flooring and ours run straight down.

OnePlanOnHouzz Mon 22-Feb-16 19:24:55

I'd say running from the window to the entrance door where you snapped the photo in vertical lines - what's going on with the black and white squares ?! hmm

RuddyHellItsSoftCell Mon 22-Feb-16 19:28:54

Black and white squares are our entrance hall, 1930s floor tiles. Well I think we are going to go running straight from the door towards the window. Looking forward to getting a proper floor!

RuddyHellItsSoftCell Mon 22-Feb-16 19:31:02

Thanks for replying and helping me, I appreciate it's a bit of a non issue and no one else is going to really care either way <grin>

muttonjeffmum Mon 22-Feb-16 19:31:52

My husband is a flooring fitter too. Definitely straight down. Elongates the room. I'm sure it's going to look fab. I'm surprised this wasn't discussed when they came to do the estimate because it affects the size on the vinyl ordered.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now