Talk

Advanced search

Small shower baths - any use?

(6 Posts)
butlerchauffer Mon 22-Feb-16 08:58:11

Hi we're remodelling a bathroom , the 'family bathroom' is smallish ( 2.6 x1.4 m). I'd like to keep the (only) bath but get an over bath shower for our growing DCs (12 & 10) to use rather my ensuite.

To get the ideal layout however the new shower bath would 1400 x 700 with a fixed screen. Are these any good for showering and / or bathing or just a compromise that's rubbish for both? My family are all tall and DH would rather ditch the bath for a shower cabinet but I think it would be weird not to have a bath (4 bed house) and my daughter and I like baths!

Any experience of this size bath would be great to hear about. Thanks.

DangerMouth Mon 22-Feb-16 11:05:20

Keep the bath definitely. Ours is 1500 x 700 and it's fine, and dh and l both tall.

HollyMaingate Mon 22-Feb-16 12:30:19

Watching with interest as we're hoping to put one in the loft soon, looking at the Carron Urban Edge which is 1575 I think. I think a house needs a bath, especially a 4 bed.

SavoyCabbage Mon 22-Feb-16 12:43:40

I'm looking at these too. The ones that are sort of an L shape.

butlerchauffer Mon 22-Feb-16 16:16:11

Hi thanks for these, we can't have the P shaped ones as they're too wide but could stretch to 1500 or 1600, just waiting on the bathroom planner so good to hear 1500 works. I'd also like mine to have a curved edge on one corner and they're looking for one, will keep you posted!

dontcallmelen Mon 22-Feb-16 17:58:49

Hi Op we have a tiny bathroom & have the worlds smallest bath 1200 long😄With shower above works fine, I wanted to keep the option of a bath as I do like a soak occasionally (I am 4ft 10 so fit in it fine)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now