Talk

Advanced search

Can someone please advise me regarding dual fuel range cookers and gas regulations?

(3 Posts)
Quickchangeup Sun 21-Feb-16 15:22:52

We have a dual fuel range which is on its last legs. It had been fitted a few years before we moved to the house.
We are looking at replacements. I've seen that you can now purchase induction hob ranges which are cheaper to run and waste less fuel than gas. Can you decide to have induction and block off the gas supply?
Do the hot zone rules still apply to induction hob tops? Looking at current rules our cooker shut off switch is 400mm too close and would need moving if we had gas hob again. I'm trying to work out which will be the easiest, cheapest long term option! It's not easy! I would like to avoid holes in walls and tiles needing replaced if possible.

OnePlanOnHouzz Sun 21-Feb-16 17:29:58

You would probably need a bigger electric cable to run an induction range cooker anyway - in my opinion and experience it's worth changing to induction range - so easy to keep clean too I love mine !! There's no residual heat or slow start like old electric - basically cook on it was if it were gas and you won't go far wrong ! If a magnet sticks to the bottom of your pans they will work on induction 99.9% of the time !

HereIAm20 Mon 22-Feb-16 11:36:49

Induction gets my vote too. Moved into a new house that has a dual fuel and we are having the gas blocked off and an induction hob. Miss it so much (had it at last house) and can't wait for new kitchen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now