Talk

Advanced search

freestanding log burner

(10 Posts)
CupcakesRule Fri 19-Feb-16 13:20:06

Hi
Does anyone have a free standing log burner? As apposed to one in a chimney breast.

Husband and I are undecided. To get a freestanding one would be considerably cheaper as we'd have to have a fake chimney breast built if we didn't want one.

When I google I can only see magazine style pics so I was hoping someone might be happy to share a picture of it in situ. I just can't imagine how it would look.

Thanks

Ruhrpott Fri 19-Feb-16 13:31:33

We do

CupcakesRule Fri 19-Feb-16 15:36:31

Oh that's nice. I was worried id see the pipe didn't think about it going straight out the back. Does it mean you'll never be able to change your floor?

CupcakesRule Fri 19-Feb-16 15:37:12

The cats clearly love it!

Ruhrpott Fri 19-Feb-16 15:48:10

Not sure about the floor but I think the fire could be moved off and put back onto the pipe! We put the new wood floor in so not planning on changing it anytime soon.

CupcakesRule Fri 19-Feb-16 16:13:20

Ok cool. Thank you.

CupcakesRule Fri 19-Feb-16 17:35:02

Anymore?

Chapsie Fri 19-Feb-16 22:14:25

Friend has one with a silver flue going up into the celing' (single story) and it looks great. Rules on hearth are a bit more flexible when not in a recess too. Are a look at building regs in this.

lukasgrahamfan Fri 19-Feb-16 22:35:55

I have one in the corner of my room standing on a slate hearth and the flue has been sprayed black to match the stove. I thought the flue may look intrusive but it doesn't.

CupcakesRule Sat 20-Feb-16 14:48:32

Do you mind sharing a pic?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now