What happens when the top of a stair runner meets the landing?

(5 Posts)
silversixpence Fri 19-Feb-16 08:36:24

Can't find any pictures and trying to decide if we should sand and paint the landing or carpet it. Does the stair runner end on the top step or the landing?

BeachysFlipFlops Fri 19-Feb-16 09:05:10

I would go up to the underside of the landing, so cover top step and the backside of that step. You can't really take it onto the landing as its only a runner.

Sophie38 Fri 19-Feb-16 09:11:14

Usually I think it would run along the landing in line with the stairs?

If you stop it at the top, you will have a tripping hazard right at the worst position.

If your landing doesn't follow on from the stairs in a straight line then you could consider stopping the runner on the final riser, just under the top tread/landing.

Or you could not have any carpet on the stairs, or have a carpet that covers the whole lot and the landing.

silversixpence Fri 19-Feb-16 09:19:45

Our landing is quite large and the stairs curve round so if we continued the runner it would run across the width rather than the length. Might end on the top step and have a matching rug made for the landing. We will have a stripe so not sure about having a full carpet.

IShouldBeSoLurky Fri 19-Feb-16 11:12:06

I quite like the look of this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now