Got a second shot at dream house(11 Posts)
Viewed somewhere over xmas but missed out as someone else had a sale agreed and out in the same offer as us ( not on the market yet).
Got our place on the market a week ago, offers on Monday and accepted one today- London so things move fast.
Just got a call from EA who are selling the one we missed out on and the buyer pulled out on the day of exchange so he wants to know if we'll offer our previous amount and seller won't bother going back on the market.
I want to bite his hand off and offer 10k more! Had a bit of a bonus recently so money is a lot happier than it was then. However I will keep my calm and offer same amount as before.
EA says it's just buyer getting cold feet, nothing in the survey etc. EA is offering to sell us the searches etc to help things go quickly.
Anything else I should check before going for this? For context the dream house is towards the top end of the market in that area- outside London. Very few houses come up which fit the bill and I was grumbling only last week about how this is the one that got away and I really regret not getting it at xmas.
Support or wise words much appreciated! I'm very excited. Had 2 sales and 2 purchases fall through last year so finally things might be working out...
Can we have a pic of dream house please?
not being noisy at all!
I would get full structural survey and independent searches tbh. Then you're covered.
No pics until it's mine I'm afraid! V suspicious EA has called 2 or 3 other people with the same tale and is going to play us off against each other so I'm keeping it schtum until we have paperwork...
What would be the problem with buying searches from other buyer? Survey I can see might be dodgy but searches are simple things bought from the council so immune to bias right? If I'm wrong then very keen indeed to understand why!
Waiting for confirmation it's all going ahead. Going to have to wait until the morning now I think...I won't sleep tonight
That is completely fair enough
do post a pic when it's yours though!
I guess you're right about the searches but I'd be nervous they'd leave out an essential piece of information. I'm just paranoid!
Will you still be in the commuter belt? I love house hunting, we bought our do'er upper last May but I still search Zoopla.
Thanks for the brill advice potap and the perfectly aimed support peyia.
It's fairly modern build, just ~10 yrs old so I would never go for the full survey, but might as well spend the extra £150 or whatever it is to be reassured.
Tonight I'm going to be grateful I'm not pregnant yet (houses falling through and trouble ttc last year was a hard double whammy) and have a few very big drinks! So at least I'll be super hungover when it all falls through tmrw...
I feel giddy with excitement.
We got our current house the same way . Our offer was the second highest and the seller and the other purchaser fell out over the price of some extras .
We've been here for ten years and it is our dream house .
Ooh exciting times! Don't know enough about buying and selling property but wanted to wish you luck. Perhaps it's meant to be?
GL with it all OP - our current house came back on the market after a sale fell through due to a relationship break up, so we felt it was meant to be for us too......
Agree with making it clear from the outset to your solicitors that you want things to move as swiftly as possible - we've gone from offer to completion in around six weeks before (with chain of five) and it can be done quicker with the right solicitor!
Positive thoughts Noplanyet. The hair of the dog tomorrow is a perfect excuse to celebrate your offer being accepted.
Hope it goes well.. Just to add we moved into our dream house 3 weeks ago and it was exactly the same story.
£435K asking... we offered but so did 6 other buyers (and 2 went way over) so we got told we'd not been successful...
We carried on looking but everything we saw we kept comparing to 'Dream House'... then 3 weeks later my partner got a call from the EA saying the sale had fallen through and it was going back on the market £20K higher... and did we want to make an offer? (We live in SE.. stupid crazy prices).
As we were renting, we had no chain and the seller needed to sell it ASAP due to a divorce.. so we put in an offer of £30K more and the ONLY reason it was accepted, was due to not being in a chain and we exchanged in 5 weeks and completed 4 weeks after that (I wanted a long exchange to completion date so we could sort things out in the rented house).
We got a full survey done which only highlighted the heating / boiler which we already knew about and 3 weeks since we moved in, it's perfect!
Sounds silly, but I just 'felt' this was the right house.. and so far, it is!
GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK!
Join the discussion
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.Register now
Already registered with Mumsnet? Log in to leave your comment or alternatively, sign in with Facebook or Google.
Please login first.