Talk

Advanced search

Aluminium windows colours...help!

(9 Posts)
DeeLite Thu 18-Feb-16 14:35:09

We need to choose a colour for the bifold windows and doors in our new kitchen diner. I can't link the colour chart as it's on a PDF but it's the Smart System Architectural Aluminium range.

Our new kitchen will be painted blue (although we may repaint at some time during the life of the kitchen) and white.

I think whites look too much like UPVC and my worry about grey is that it might feel quite dated in ten years' time. Am I wrong in thinking this and can anyone inspire me?

thewookieswife Fri 19-Feb-16 19:52:00

Can you paint them later? I like black over grey as I think black is easier to bring into any colour scheme.

Chapsie Fri 19-Feb-16 22:09:00

God I agonised and agonised over this myself. In the end I went for the anthracite grey and love it. I couldn't commit to white as a friend had done as it looked like upvc. I considered lighter greys like pebble grey and grey white.
But the anthracite won in the end for the kitchen.
In my living room though I went for composite so white wood inside and 7016 grey outside.

HawkeyeInConfusion Fri 19-Feb-16 22:27:32

If you are looking at the RAL colours I'd recommend getting an actual colour swatch book as the colours can look different on a computer compared to reality.

I also agonized for ages for my bifolds. Like you I didn't want white. I loved anthracite grey but it wouldn't have gone. I ended up with concrete grey, which I love.

Chapsie Fri 19-Feb-16 22:32:40

yy, definitely need the proper colour swatch if you're going for anything but anthracite. Even the whites have several variations! I carried mine round with me obsessively for months grin

DeeLite Sun 21-Feb-16 10:08:58

Does anyone know if it's a big price jump if you go for RAL colours rather than standard? The windows people seem so cagey about prices. Every time I ask them a question about price or adjust the spec, they disappear for a week before coming back with their revised quote.

Chapsie Sun 21-Feb-16 15:17:03

Mine were 13% more with non standard colour. I also specified 'matt' but this didn't change the price.
But again it depends on the company - my velfac sliding ones in the main living room had any colour as standard.

Mamia15 Tue 23-Feb-16 16:03:05

What about pale grey?

lalamumto3 Tue 23-Feb-16 17:01:44

Hi we went for a dark grey (Sun Paradise BiFolds) 8 years later they still look fab and have not dated. It is such an expensive choice I totally understand why you are concerned.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now