Waterproof bathroom blinds that are not black out

(11 Posts)
hannah1122 Sat 13-Feb-16 12:52:16

We need waterproof blinds for the bathroom as the shower is right next to the window. However I want the blinds to let some light through if we have them down in the daytime and all the waterproof blinds I can find seem to be blackout. Has anyone found non blackout options? Suggestions much appreciated smile

hannah1122 Mon 15-Feb-16 10:53:50

Any ideas .... or am I hunting for something that doesn't exist? !

DeeLite Mon 15-Feb-16 11:17:02

Wooden ventian blinds?

Pootles2010 Mon 15-Feb-16 11:26:06

What do you want the blinds for? Privacy? Something like this? They say to apply to the outside of the glass in a bathroom, so that the limescale doesn't build up.

Not sure if it would be private enough at night?

hannah1122 Mon 15-Feb-16 12:32:24

Thanks for your replies. We want the blinds for privacy as the frosted glass isn't very effective so I don't think the stickers will be sufficient

Pootles2010 Mon 15-Feb-16 12:34:24

Whats your budget? You can get exterior black out blind shutter things, that come down when you press a blipper - not cheap!

bessiebumptious2 Mon 15-Feb-16 13:54:49

OP I had exactly the same problem when we reconfigured our bathroom. I bought a really nice roller blind from Blinds2Go online, giving them the measurements and it was reasonably priced. It's not blackout but obviously does block out most of the light when down - I don't know whether you'll find one that doesn't.

Have a look at them because they may well do a waterproof venetian - they have a section specifically for this type of blind.

bessiebumptious2 Mon 15-Feb-16 13:58:38

Just had a quick look and they do a blind called 'Vista Sable Magic Screen Roller Blind' - specifically waterproof and lets light in but is totally private. Might not be the design you want but it's got the functionality! And there's a choice.

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Mon 15-Feb-16 14:10:36

We brought a cheap £10 blind from b and q - not waterproof but lasted 18 months/2years -

Some site have blinds specifically for bathrooms if you look.

whatevva Mon 15-Feb-16 14:15:58

We have a blackout blind which is fine, because you need the light on to make the extractor fan work.

hannah1122 Mon 15-Feb-16 14:22:52

Thanks for the suggestions. I think the shutters would be beyond our budget. I like the look of the magic blinds but unfortunately they become fairly transparent when it's dark outside and the light is on inside! I think we'll probably have to go for a standard non blackout roller blind. If it's a cheap option it's not to bad if it needs replacing every year or two.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now