Talk

Advanced search

Can you help me find a 500mm wall hung vanity unit- with no sink?

(9 Posts)
Hogwashhh Thu 11-Feb-16 11:20:05

Can anyone help me? Looking for an inexpensive wall hung vanity unit in plain white gloss but with no sink on it as I want to put granite on the top & my own choice of basin. Only one damaged one on ebay.

PigletJohn Thu 11-Feb-16 11:32:23

you mean a cupboard.

Decide what dimensions you want and look at kitchen units.

I recommend fixing it using hanging rail, which enables you to use more screws to fix it to the wall, then adjustable hanger which hook onto the rail.

Hogwashhh Thu 11-Feb-16 11:42:54

Thanks piglet, I was thinking of those two drawer units instead of a cupboard. I'll have another look at kitchen units.

PigletJohn Thu 11-Feb-16 11:58:51

if it is only fixed to the wall, you need some height to it. A shallow unit will lever the screws out of the wall.

SquinkiesRule Thu 11-Feb-16 17:34:21

I was looking at the ones that hang on the wall in The Bathstore showroom the other day, they have loads on display. None I wanted, I want one that reaches the floor.
Found nice looking ones with drawers and cupboards on Victoria plumb but don't know what their quality is like.

PigletJohn Thu 11-Feb-16 18:01:42

For some reason units sold by Bath shops are higher priced than units sold in Kitchen shops.

It is more difficult to fit drawers in a vanitory unit, because it will have pipes under the basin.

Elizabethreallyismissing Thu 11-Feb-16 19:21:50

Try IKEA! We have a fantastic white gloss wall mounted vanity unit from there & had to buy the sink as an extra!
Not sure what the dimensions were though!

SquinkiesRule Thu 11-Feb-16 21:42:11

The ones I looked at in the showroom were too expensive (£500), but the drawers were shaped to go around the pipes.
Online seems cheaper, and I like the look of the IKEA ones, but it's a long drive from us to go and look. We may well do it though.

Elizabethreallyismissing Fri 12-Feb-16 18:06:12

They are lovely big drawers and you can buy assorted plastic trays to go in there! I have one in the top for my make-up! DH has a small section at the side for his shavng stuff. I then have the bottom drawer for all my lotions & potions, shower cap, linen face clothes etc! It's changed my life & the bathroom has never been so tidy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now