Advanced search

Where do you get venting kits from?

(4 Posts)
BlingedUpBalloon Tue 09-Feb-16 20:31:14

We're in the middle of renovating the kitchen and at the point where we need to put a hole in the wall to vent the cooker hood. In the blurbs I read when choosing a cooker hood it always said that venting kits were easy to come by, but I can't find one with a decent rating anywhere. What am I doing wrong? Is there a secret sales place? I've tried wickes, b&q, homebase, screwfix and amazon so far. They either don't have the size we need (150mm which I thought was normal...) or it's been given a really rubbish rating. Please can someone recommend one?

Finding one for the tumble dryer last year was so straight forward... can't remember where it came from now though!

PigletJohn Tue 09-Feb-16 22:48:33

tumble driers are very common, and always seem to have 100mm ducts, so there are lots around. Older cooker hoods were 100mm, modern ones mostly 125mm. 150mm is common for larger fans.

IMO you don't need a "kit," you need some pipe, some connectors, a cowl vent, some pipe clamps, some elbows (because rigid duct is much better than convoluted hose), some newspaper, and a full-sized hacksaw.

You can get duct from places that sell plumbers and builders stuff, I will see if I can find the co I bought some duct from recently, and post it later.

Some plumbers might fit it, if they call themselves HVAC engineers (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning)

PigletJohn Tue 09-Feb-16 23:08:57

It was a company called Naples Components Ltd. They had quite a good online stock list, including adaptors to change size or shape.


PigletJohn Tue 09-Feb-16 23:17:18


Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now