Talk

Advanced search

Worcester boiler not working, green light keeps flashing, please help

(12 Posts)
deeboyfield Mon 08-Feb-16 21:07:56

We have a Worcester boiler and it's not working, the blue light is on, bit the green flame shaped light keeps clicking off

lalalonglegs Mon 08-Feb-16 21:09:50

It probably depends on the model but, if you haven't got the manual, download the correct one for your boiler and go to the troubleshooting page.

RoganJosh Mon 08-Feb-16 21:15:17

It's often really easy to repressurise a boiler. I'd check the pressure first in case it's that. It should be on the lower sir of normal when the boiler isnt working.

deeboyfield Mon 08-Feb-16 21:41:49

Thanks , but how do I check the pressure?

PigletJohn Mon 08-Feb-16 22:13:15

Most modern boilers (not all) are pressurised and there is a gauge on the front, often behind a flap.

Even a tiny leak will allow the pressure to drop. It is quite normal to top them up about once a year.

If the pressure goes up a lot when hot, and down a lot when cold, the pressure vessel that tries to regulate the pressure has a problem.

Some brand-new boilers by good makers are not pressurised, opinions vary over whether that means they are old-fashioned, or they just have less to go wrong.

Nodowntime Mon 08-Feb-16 22:49:34

For any boiler problems, first always try resetting. You need to find your re-set button/switch.

Spanglecrab Tue 09-Feb-16 18:15:19

You haven't specified the model but I'll assume it's a greenstar due to the mention of the blue light.

The fact that no other lights are flashing leads me to think that it's due to low pressure.

Most greenstar a have a flap and most of these are lowered by pushing at the join of the flap two thirds of the way from the top.

On the right hand side there is a gauge. 0 to 0.5 is coloured red 0.5 to 2.5 is green above 2.5 is red.

The gauge needs to be between 1 and 1.5.

Most greenstars have a key to refill the system.

This man will explain

m.youtube.com/watch?v=zUsBw1ZpiKY

CointreauVersial Tue 09-Feb-16 18:20:43

Useful info!

Bono17 Fri 02-Mar-18 13:16:10

I have a greenstar 24i combi boiler and i have no hot water and heating.
Ive defrosted the pipes outside. Then reset button it starts up then few min. Later i end up with flashing reset button and a slow off and on blue button.

Bono17 Fri 02-Mar-18 13:17:47

Forgot to say the green flame light doesnt stay on

Misty9 Fri 02-Mar-18 23:41:36

We're having the same problem with this boiler bono
With ours we're having to keep pouring hot water on the external pipe and we're keeping the heating on overnight so the pipe stays working- Hopefully!

Last resort is to cut the condensate pipe indoors then get it replaced when the weather is better.

Bowerbird5 Sat 03-Mar-18 06:04:22

My son had trouble with his we had someone check it and there was no water in system apparently and another problem plus one radiator in his bedroom not working at all. Cost £50 and the guy has sorted everything except we need a new radiator. Worth every penny. We have a wood burner so don't understand this system at all so in this weather we were glad to get someone( booked weks ago) he said he had loads of call outs. Might be worth getting someone out.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: