Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have engineered wood flooring?

(5 Posts)
DarkBlueEyes Mon 08-Feb-16 12:06:37

And if you do, what do you think of it? I'm considering it for our renovation process but have no experience of it and would like opinions, and supplier recommendations if you think it's good! Thank you smile

HollyMaingate Mon 08-Feb-16 14:09:00

Yes, it's brilliant. Easy to fit, doesn't twist/warp like real wood can, lots of options on finish and can be sanded and re-oiled in 10 years' time if need be. I used RPK Flooring who were faultless. They import the wood direct (oak which can then be finished all sorts of different ways) and there's a lot of difference between quality and rubbish. The stuff from a lot of these online places is a thin layer of wood stuck to something rubbish like balsa wood. The decent stuff has a plywood base I believe

DarkBlueEyes Mon 08-Feb-16 14:21:58

Thank you! I'll check them out. Very helpful. smile

beepbeep Mon 08-Feb-16 21:58:35

yes, it's brill. The look of solid of without the cost, just make sure the layer of wood is of a reasonable thickness.

beepbeep Mon 08-Feb-16 22:00:01

we used a local supplier who allowed to bring home big samples to look at in the light in our rooms, they then subcontract to fitters.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now