Talk

Advanced search

What colour is this kitchen?

(36 Posts)
swquestion Thu 04-Feb-16 14:18:40

It's in the house we are buying. Is it...greige (a colour I only heard of recently, --behind the times--)? We're going to replace the shiny, slippery floor pretty quickly with a wooden floor.

lalalonglegs Thu 04-Feb-16 14:31:58

I'd say it was beige or, if I were being poncy, oyster.

Ginmakesitallok Thu 04-Feb-16 14:34:15

(House is beautiful by the way ) envy

LadyStoicIsBack Thu 04-Feb-16 14:35:32

I wouldn't say beige, mushroom maybe? But fuck that sounds wanky.

Sep, I'm a little bit in love with your kitchen to be, luck yousmile

LadyStoicIsBack Thu 04-Feb-16 14:35:56

lucky you, even....

CheesyWeez Thu 04-Feb-16 14:40:20

Looks lovely. 4 Ovens? Is that conventional, steam, low-temp, microwave?
I'd say it's beige.

swquestion Thu 04-Feb-16 14:41:32

Oooh, mushroom and oyster. I can wind my DH up with these new colours! Thanks, I'm warming to the kitchen - it's oddly got about three ovens in that central stack - then to the right and left is a full on fridge freezer (so two of them). I like to think i'll do some mega batch cooking to fill them up.

I'm thinking pale floorboards, would that work? Now have to decide on solid or engineered.

swquestion Thu 04-Feb-16 15:12:11

One of those four things is a coffee machine. two regular ovens then one which looks like an oven but is apparently a microwave...all a bit muddling but no doubt we will use them smile

LaurieFairyCake Thu 04-Feb-16 15:20:08

Is the floor actually slippy? Because it looks very well done - is it a poured surface rather than tile?

swquestion Thu 04-Feb-16 15:23:07

Good point - i've only seen it on dry days but it's a smooth tile. I guess it's more it shows every mark and footprint and I'd be going mad with a mop (have a mucky toddler also).

OzzieFem Thu 04-Feb-16 15:23:09

Light mink?

LaurieFairyCake Thu 04-Feb-16 15:28:59

I'd keep it for a wee bit and see how it works out - I had terrazzo flooring which was white in a house I owned and it was a lot easier to keep clean looking than our darker posh Lino.

CheesyWeez Thu 04-Feb-16 16:24:19

I like shiny tiles - but they were a problem near the garden door (like you have) in the summer the DC would run in with wet feet from garden - paddling pool or just wet grass- and slip over. My DD and friend went completely over banging their heads and they sounded like coconuts hitting the floor BOP! BOP! We put down a long bathmat after that so they couldn't come in without effectively wiping their feet on it.

CheesyWeez Thu 04-Feb-16 16:42:43

Actually I think the colour is 'hamster tummy'

swquestion Thu 04-Feb-16 16:46:42

Hamster tummy! I think you should suggest that to Farrow & Ball smile

Twistmyarm Thu 04-Feb-16 16:48:16

I think it might be Oxford Stone.

NanTheWiser Thu 04-Feb-16 17:00:53

How about cashmere? A sort of grey-beige colour. I'm thinking of this colour for my (hopeful!) new kitchen.

LunaLovebad Thu 04-Feb-16 17:02:44

I don't know what colour you'd call it but I think it's bloody lovely and plan to steal it to put in my new house grin. I like the floor too but I don't think I'd put that colour floor with that colour kitchen personally. I think it needs a contrasting floor to show off the kitchen unit colour better, and a splash of colour in there too.

Incidentally the floor is very similar to what I put into our current kitchen and I won't miss it when we move. It shows every last speck of dirt and is very slippery (but it looks gorgeous when I do bother to take the time to clean it properly, and works very well with UFH). I'm going Karndean all the way after putting it in my hall and love love loving it!

swquestion Thu 04-Feb-16 17:22:30

Yeah the dirt showing up is going to wind me up - it has footprints all over it from the viewing days and they are so visible because of the light coming in from the big windows. Eventually i'd like to do the full side return to get more space so don't want to spend too much on the floor now- have head good things about Karndean, does it wear well?

yomellamoHelly Thu 04-Feb-16 17:57:56

Looks the same as our kitchen units which are "stone". We put a colourful splashback on though to give it some oomph.

LunaLovebad Thu 04-Feb-16 18:31:02

The Karndean in our hall is in a high traffic area and copes brilliantly with 2 DCs trampling through it on a daily basis armed with muddy shoes, footballs etc. We've only had it for a year but it looks good as new and is ultra low-maintenance.

Seeyounearertime Thu 04-Feb-16 18:33:27

In my over simplified mind I'd say it were grey and white.
But that's just me.

Bearbehind Thu 04-Feb-16 18:39:34

Karndean or Amtico is bloody marvellous stuff - ours never looks dirty until you sweep and wash it then look at the water in the bucket!

IShouldBeSoLurky Thu 04-Feb-16 18:42:36

It looks completely different on my phone from on laptop! Laptop I'd have said mushroom but on phone it is more like cream/stone.

potap123 Thu 04-Feb-16 19:24:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now