Talk

Advanced search

Decent wood laminate wood worksurface?

(3 Posts)
MsSampson Sun 31-Jan-16 10:40:10

Just wondering if such a thing exists. We are planning on having Quickstep Ultra laminate on the floor in our new kitchen extension. I know some people aren't even keen on laminate on the floor, but honestly, I struggled to tell the difference between that and engineered wood in the shop. And in some cases the laminate looked more "real" than a highly polished wood.

Anyway, I really like the look of wooden worksurfaces, but had ruled them out because of the maintenance. I've had them in a rented house, and they just looked and felt horrible after a while, and I'm definitely not the kind of person who's going to be sanding back and oiling. We've settled on having some kind of quartz or composite worktop, but then I just started wondering if there was an equivalent of the decent laminate wood flooring, but for worksurfaces? All the ones I have seen look very very fake, which I really don't like.

TalkinPeace Sun 31-Jan-16 16:45:13

I have bamboo floors and bamboo worktops
I abuse them horribly (sand and oil once in 6 years)
and I still love them

BananaPie Sun 31-Jan-16 18:55:14

Duropal is a decent make of laminate worktop. However, I agree with you and think that the wood effect work tops look too fake. Their granite / quartz etc effect are pretty good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now