Talk

Advanced search

New Bathroom, Freestanding Bath or not

(6 Posts)
lalamumto3 Sat 30-Jan-16 16:09:12

We are just planning a new bathroom, we can fit in a bath and a shower enclosure. Trying to decide if I should have a modern freestanding bath or a normal one. Any advice welcome. My key criteria is that the new bath must be comfortable, as we are taking out a really uncomfortable p shaped shower bath.

SwedishEdith Sat 30-Jan-16 16:10:41

Have you got enough room to get round it to clean under it properly? I imagine they get really dusty underneath.

lalamumto3 Sat 30-Jan-16 16:15:08

Hi, yes and also looking at ones that sit directly on the floor, so just need to clean around and not under.

bilbodog Sat 30-Jan-16 17:30:36

I've got one and love it. Make sure you sit in it first to get the right length and shape. We are all quite short so a short one worked best for us and the ends need to be the right shape if you want to lie in the bath reading.

wowfudge Sat 30-Jan-16 19:57:19

With space a bit too tight to have a freestanding bath, we fitted a D shaped double ended bath in our bathroom.

RaphaellaTheSpanishWaterDog Sat 30-Jan-16 20:57:32

bilbodog is right. We're taller and made the mistake of getting one that was a little too short in our last house, but otherwise we've had them at our last four houses and have been very happy with our decision.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now