Talk to me about boilers!

(5 Posts)
Onthedowns Fri 29-Jan-16 07:40:56

Having quotes for a new boiler! On offer are Worcester Bosch and a baxi! About £700 difference . I know Worcester are good but we are really tight however we are planning loft conversion in next year! Any experience with baxi? Any other good makes??

smoothieooo Fri 29-Jan-16 11:09:29

I had a Vaillant fitted late last year which is fab (couldn't go for a combi as I have a loft conversion and apparently the water pressure wouldn't have been great). I use it with a remote control temp gauge thing (cost around £2.5k, but that was 'mates rates')!

Onthedowns Fri 29-Jan-16 15:09:28

Thanks! I didn't realise no combi with loft conversion? Our plumber hasn't said that? I will need to check!!

smoothieooo Fri 29-Jan-16 16:02:32

Onthe it's entirely possible that I got the wrong end of the stick but I'm pretty sure my neighbour was told the same thing when he had a recent loft conversion. Also, we have a huge megaflow water tank which might have something to do with it <desperately trying and failing not to appear clueless> grin

PigletJohn Fri 29-Jan-16 19:10:03

Baxi is a budget brand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now