Talk

Advanced search

Renovation mess

(4 Posts)
dietstartsmonday Tue 26-Jan-16 20:01:28

Ok so we have had a full rewire and are now having redecoration done throughout. Trying to live here too which is hell.
How on earth do you get your house properly clean when it's finished. My wood floor has been hoovered and moped tonight but still looks filthy. The plaster dust is driving me mad.

Any tips?

Madblondedog Tue 26-Jan-16 20:06:18

Unfortunately you will have about a week before it stops settling (we had a wall knocked out and the dust was awful). We just kept going with it, damp cloths, vacuuming and sweeping.

Honestly, the mess happened before Christmas and it can't have been that bad as we've agreed that on Friday all our rewiring chasing will be done and the chimney breast will be removed.

Titsywoo Tue 26-Jan-16 20:08:17

Once they are all done it will be a couple of days cleaning and will be fine. I thought I would never get the dust out but we are done now and the house is back to normal. I feel for you - I lived in our house through a year of extension and renovation last year. Nearly drove me insane!

dietstartsmonday Tue 26-Jan-16 20:10:06

Thank you that gives me some hope.

We are in week three and I am ready to book a hotel now!!

It's the floor I seem to be unable to get clean so will do some research on that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now