Advanced search

Freehold flats buildings insurance

(6 Posts)
SnozzberryMincePie Thu 21-Jan-16 13:08:58

A few months ago we purchased the freehold for our property along with the owner of the other flat. We set up a freehold company for this.

We now need to renew our buildings insurance policy and wanted to shop around for better deals as the policy purchased by our previous freeholder seems quite expensive. Has anyone done this and if so how? I tried entering my details into go compare but the questions didn't apply for a property containing two flats so I gave up.

Do I need to buy a special kind of policy to cover two flats?


wowfudge Thu 21-Jan-16 18:51:31

Maybe try a broker?

caroldecker Thu 21-Jan-16 19:30:45

You will need a broker - on-line sites are designed for standard conditions.

tangerinesarenottheonlyfruit Thu 21-Jan-16 19:33:00

AFAIK you do need a specialist policy.

We used to have one, it was from a small company with excellent customer service.

I'll have to look the name up it was a while back ...

tangerinesarenottheonlyfruit Thu 21-Jan-16 19:41:04

This is them, they're specialists in shared freehold arrangements. I'd recommend getting a quote at least. They were certainly the most competitive we could find at the time - although this was over a decade ago.

SnozzberryMincePie Thu 21-Jan-16 20:02:54

Thanks everyone I will look at that one tangerines.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a broker?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: