Talk

Advanced search

Rubber floor tiles for children's bathroom

(7 Posts)
Shirkingfromhome Thu 21-Jan-16 11:34:37

Has anyone used rubber floor tiles for a bathroom? What are the pros / cons?

My thoughts are they will be easier to clean, more durable and a little bit safer (in terms of falls, dropped items). I also like the bright colours they come in. I don't know anyone who has used these in RL so I wondered if anyone here had. Thanks

wonkylegs Thu 21-Jan-16 11:38:25

We're about to fit ours - we've got bright blue ones.
We got them after a recommendation by a friend, we've had them a while but had to delay fitting them due to other issues but DH has some time off coming up and finally they are going down. I'm quite excited as its the last bit to do in the kids bathroom.

IShouldBeSoLurky Thu 21-Jan-16 11:49:25

I had pale grey studded rubber tiles in my last bathroom. I loved them but they were a total fucker to keep clean - showed every hair. Possibly sealing would have helped.

Parietal Thu 21-Jan-16 12:07:12

we had white many years ago. lovely to walk on and soft but v hard to keep clean.

namechangedtoday15 Thu 21-Jan-16 12:43:37

We had them in the bathroom. It was the kind that had little round circles on it that stood slightly proud. It was a dark grey. Showed every bit of dust / fluff / hair that kind of stuck to it. Would never recommend.

JeffreySadsacIsUnwell Thu 21-Jan-16 16:58:59

Ours are nearly 20 years old now. Could do with stripping and resealing as we've never done it... They look fine though and not a problem to keep clean. We have smooth ones - the raised dot ones looked like a nightmare for cleaning.

Cons are that if wet stuff is left on the floor (eg wet towels) for any length of time it can lift the colour slightly - though as I said regular maintenance would help. We didn't start getting the colour lifting till after about 13 years!

Shirkingfromhome Thu 21-Jan-16 19:45:07

Oh no, I was looking at the ones with the dots on. Did any of you have them sealed and did it make a difference? Haven't seen the flat ones - I'll take a look.

Is there anywhere is particular you'd recommend (if I do end up buying them), I've just been looking online and they're all coming up around £10 / tile (inc vat).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now