Talk

Advanced search

Conveyance warning re Countrywide

(2 Posts)
deadhead02 Thu 21-Jan-16 11:30:48

I used these without checking ANY references - what a terrible mistake. Emailing or calling was a total waste of time as no-one knew anything, and I rarely received replies in any case. My allocated solicitor was ok so we did limp to the finish line. Since moving in I have had huge problems with the way the vendors left the property and countrywide have been worse than useless. E.g. I told them a building had been removed and received a (rare) reply saying someone had checked the details and there was no mention of leaving garden furniture. You could not make up their utter incompetence.
They are expensive, and useless. I was told one could have 24/7 access to updates online but the system never worked for me despite many complaints
STRONGLY ADVISE TO AVOID THIS COMPANY - if you don't trust me see all these reviews...

www.ciao.co.uk/Reviews/Countrywide_Property_Lawyers__5658256/Start/15

AgathaF Thu 21-Jan-16 11:42:24

Is this the first time you've posted on this forum?

Whilst I agree that lots of conveyancing firms are shite generally, it's poor form to join a forum with the sole intention of rubbishing a business in this way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now