Putting up a Bathroom Mirror

(7 Posts)
Reasontobelieve Thu 14-Jan-16 07:58:00

We had a new mirror put up in a bathroom the other day. The handyman who fitted it had a problem with the wall and it cracked within 30 minutes of being put up. He suggested that I purchased a light weight mirror so that it could be attached with special glue made for this purpose (sold in Screwfix).

This is not something that I have come across and just wondered whether anyone had successfully done this? I've looked at a few mirrors on Amazon made to stick on, but they get a lot of negative comments.

RudyMentary Thu 14-Jan-16 08:16:22

We stuck a mirror on our bathroom wall at our old house. It worked really well and looked great.
I'm not sure how you would go about getting it off again though!

RudyMentary Thu 14-Jan-16 08:18:29

We went to a glaziers and they made it to a specific size, bevelled the edges and sold us the glue

BananaPie Thu 14-Jan-16 13:48:22

Ooh, does it stick to tiles? We're in need of a bathroom mirror, but it would need to go on a tiled wall, and I'm terrified of cracking a tile by drilling into it! (Sorry for the small hijack)

Pigleychez Thu 14-Jan-16 15:59:29

Our new house has a bathrrom mirror that has been glues to tiles. I assumed it was done with some kind of No More Nails type glue as wasnt aware you could special glue. This is white.

I want to replace the mirror but terrified of trying to get it off without breaking the mirror and tiles??

asuwere Thu 14-Jan-16 16:09:30

My bathroom mirror is stuck to tiled wall with silicon; has been up for a couple of years with no problem. Can be removed is necessary by sliding knife between wall and it then prising it off; any residual silicon should then peel off. smile

VulcanWoman Thu 14-Jan-16 16:18:17

There is no reason why a heavy mirror can't be fitted onto a bathroom tiled wall, I have a biggish mirror aprox 90x90 cm, it has no frame so I used adjustable mirror brackets. Is the handyman paying for your broken mirror. Then I suggest getting someone else to fit it.
I wouldn't trust glue. If you can drill in between tiles then great but if not put some masking tape on the tile to stop the drill bit sliding around and set the switch on the drill to drill position, then change to the hammer position once you've drill through tile.
I hate drilling!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now