Talk

Advanced search

External repairs and redecorations in this weather - is there going to be a problem with longevity?

(3 Posts)
MrsBertMacklin Mon 11-Jan-16 14:27:19

The managing agent for my block of flats has written to advise external repairs and redecorations are starting next week.

The block is less than ten years old and the schedule of works mainly relates to cleaning of surfaces and downpipes, but there is a redecoration element on the external window and doors and metal railings.

I thought doing this type of work in damp and cold weather is a hiding to nothing, as the new decorations will fail quicker. And (might be mistaken on this) if paint is applied on a damp surface, any guarantee from the paint manufacturer about longevity is invalid?

Before I write to the agent to challenge the timing of works, have I got my facts right, please?

AveEldon Mon 11-Jan-16 21:19:33

www.duluxtradepaintexpert.co.uk/support/interior-and-exterior-faqs

drying times will be longer and some paints require a minimum temp - some info above

MrsBertMacklin Tue 12-Jan-16 08:58:23

Thanks Ave, worth raising concerns in writing I think, in case they don't adhere to this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now