Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for large bathroom window.

(9 Posts)
clairedunphy Fri 08-Jan-16 17:15:06

We have a good sized bathroom with a large window that we so far haven't bothered to add blinds or curtains to. It's a really plain bathroom though, and needs brightening up.

I'd eventually like to completely update it. So I don't want to spend much on whatever I add now.

I was going to get a ready made roller blind, but the only ones I can find that are wide enough (210cm) are in plain colours, and I'd really like something in a bright pattern. But not made to measure - too expensive!

So does anyone know where I could get such a thing, or have any other ideas for a window treatment? It needs to be something that can cover the window at night, because DS doesn't like the big dark space (bit scary).

DH suggested 2 blinds next to each other, I'm not sure if that works or is just a bit odd?

tethersend Fri 08-Jan-16 17:20:10

How about a dyed piece of lace/net curtain?

MisForMumNotMaid Fri 08-Jan-16 17:25:57

What about a plain one and get fabric paints and do a picture with your DC. Loads of ideas on Pinterest.

You could make cork stamps or use ready made ones if you want it more of an even print.

AlisonWunderland Fri 08-Jan-16 17:38:58

Myblindsupermarket do made ro measure rollers up to 300cm wide with patterns as well as plains.
Good prices too

HarrietSchulenberg Fri 08-Jan-16 17:39:59

As said above, print your own design on a plain blind.
Or buy a v cheap blind, remove the fabric and replace with your own material. Use curtain material not dress fabric as it's thicker and will hang properly. I did that in my bathroom (140x140cm window) and it looks great.

clairedunphy Fri 08-Jan-16 19:56:40

Thought I'd posted a reply ages ago, sorry, I seem to have lost it.

Just to say thanks for the great tips, I love the idea of doing our own design. I'm highly lacking in creativity but will have a look on Pinterest and see if I can find some easy designs.

Any idea where is best to get a good range of stencils and fabric paints? And would it work on any blind material or is there one that's better (obviously won't be going for suede effect etc anyway)?

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Fri 08-Jan-16 21:34:41

Place marking. Same problem!

Timeforacatnap Fri 08-Jan-16 21:37:22

You could buy a Roman blind kit and make your own, it is quite easy to hem up your own piece of fabric or may be a remnant and add rings for the cord.

Timeforacatnap Fri 08-Jan-16 21:42:27

Sorry forgot to add all except material included in the kit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now