Talk

Advanced search

Is this quote for a new bathroom and floors expensive?

(10 Posts)
Crochetfanatic Mon 04-Jan-16 17:19:34

Small 3 bed house and the floor boards are starting to go upstairs. There are great big holes in some of the bedrooms. Also need a new bathroom fitted (suite itself already purchased).

Been quoted £2.5k for it all - £1500 of that just to fit the bathroom and tile it (small room, run of the mill bath, toilet and sink).

Is this a good price or is it expensive? It feels over priced to me but then I have no idea about these things so would appreciate opinions. Thanks

LaurieFairyCake Mon 04-Jan-16 17:25:32

What's the other 1k for?

ABetaDad1 Mon 04-Jan-16 17:30:55

Does the £1500 include the cost of the tiles or have you bought those?

MissBattleaxe Mon 04-Jan-16 17:33:31

How much flooring are you having done and does this include materials? It doesn't sound too outrageous to me actually.

wickedwaterwitch Mon 04-Jan-16 17:35:07

If that's for floorboards, tiling, new bath, sink and loo fitting then it seems reasonable to he but I'd check

- what sort of floorboards?
- How many rooms? 3?
- will they dispose of all the old floorboards and old bathroom suite?
- does it include VAT?

And worth haggling anyway, you could say you'd go for it at £2k and be prepared to pay £2.1 as a compromise

Crochetfanatic Mon 04-Jan-16 17:40:52

Thanks for all the replies so far!

Laurie The other £1k is for the floors.

ABetaDad No, already bought the tiles so it's excluding those.

Miss It's flooring for the 3 bedrooms upstairs and the bathroom. It includes materials for the flooring but not for the bathroom refit - I'd supply all that (already bought).

Wicked Thanks for your thoughts. It's for 3 bedrooms and the bathroom and they will dispose of the old floorboards and bathroom suite. It is including VAT.

TenTinyTadpoles Mon 04-Jan-16 17:42:38

If the 1.5k is to refit the bathroom don't be surprised if you end up paying more than that.

EnriqueTheRingBearingLizard Mon 04-Jan-16 17:43:02

Also is the bathroom refit just to put the same kind of fittings in the same places or are you having anything moved? i.e. are they having to do new pipework?

wickedwaterwitch Mon 04-Jan-16 17:48:23

I'd check what sort of floorboards, there are lots of types and you'll want them to last

We paid £4K for one bathroom - this was tiling a shower, fitting a loo, shower and sink (all supplied by me), removing carpet, sanding and painting the floor, creating a cupboard in an alcove, painting walls and ceiling and putting up a blind.

I think we massively overpaid tbh, another bathroom, same size, different plumber and joiner was about £2k for fitting (I supplied everything again).

allthegoodnamesalreadytaken Mon 04-Jan-16 19:58:33

We paid £1500 to refit a small en suite bathroom. From what I know it varies according to where in the country you are. But what you've been quoted sounds in line to what we paid

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now