Talk

Advanced search

Roof leak - again

(2 Posts)
stargirl04 Mon 04-Jan-16 00:33:18

Hi,

I live in a top floor flat and moved in less than 2 years ago. Twice before (Aug 2014, then July 2015) I've had a leak in the kitchen ceiling, in exactly the same spot.

The management company are responsible for the roof and the loft above my flat and have sent their contractors round to fix it twice before.

But I got home tonight and it's back, judging by the puddle on my kitchen floor - and the water is coming from exactly the same spot above.

My friend said I should knock on doors and talk to other neighbours in my block to find out if anyone else is having this problem and to see if this is a problem with the building, because it would reduce the value of my flat if there is a persistent problem like this.

Does anyone have any experience of this type of problem, or can anyone advise me on how to proceed?

I'm a leaseholder and pay service charges to a management company.

Many thanks.

stargirl04 Mon 04-Jan-16 11:44:39

Help - anyone? Any professional landlords out there with this type of experience?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now