Advanced search

Waiting for mortgage offer

(6 Posts)
Slowlybutsurely Thu 31-Dec-15 21:47:56

So our mortgage application is being submitted by our broker on Monday. Feel nervous as the house has the potential to be our forever home. Broker has said we are fine on affordability and I know our credit scores are good and excellent but am anxious (we have a couple of debts e.g. Car loans but again broker has said these are fine). Obviously they will send valuer out but I wondered if mortgage companies can give an indication that we will get mortgage offer subject to valuation or done have to wait until they have had valuation and processed it all? It's been a long process to for us to get to this point as it took a long time to sell out previous house etc and I just want to know the mortgage bit is ok!! I hate waiting!

Stylingwax Thu 31-Dec-15 21:51:03

Our broker after a couple of days was able to give us the rough heads up that we'd passed initial checks, so you should get that indication but it's not cast iron.
I know how stressful it is though...

Slowlybutsurely Thu 31-Dec-15 21:53:41

Thank you, yes it's just horrible as its out of our hands and I read so much on the internet about everyone failing stricter guidelines! I know nothing is fixed until we complete I guess but would just like a little calming indication!

Slowlybutsurely Thu 31-Dec-15 21:54:17

Although I'm back at work on Monday and will have less time to sit and worry ha!

friendshipfloss Thu 31-Dec-15 21:57:49

It is a waiting game, I am afraid! Be prepared that you may have to submit additional information & do ensure that your broker keeps chasing the application as this can make a big difference. If your broker is confident then hopefully all should be fine. Good luck!

Slowlybutsurely Thu 31-Dec-15 21:59:39

Thank you! Am just too impatient!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: