Talk

Advanced search

Help with power tools...

(4 Posts)
megmeggy Tue 29-Dec-15 16:08:52

Looking for some help with this power tool lark, my hubby usually does this but I have to look this up while he's away.
I'm stuck between a couple of drills he talked about, don't want to buy and then regret it!! It's for doing woodwork mostly.

The drills are these:
www.snapco.org/product/special_offer_metabo_sb18ltx_18v_combi_drill
www.plumbcenter.co.uk/product/milwaukee-compact-m18set1c-152c-combi-drill-with-charger-and-batteries-60nm-2x15ah/?gclid=CPSNku-5gcoCFUEcGwodYlMHrQ

It's all a bit lost on me - anybody have any advice on which to choose??

batshitlady Tue 29-Dec-15 17:08:06

De Walt, AEG or Bosch are the best and not too expensive. B&Q often have offers on them. I got BIL a De Walt 18v for £89 from said outlet. Don't spend more than 90/100 quid, it isn't worth it unless hubby's going to be using it for his job...

TremoloGreen Tue 29-Dec-15 21:50:43

I have the Makita 18V for <£100. I'm very happy with it, it has done everything I need (renovated two houses and starting on a third). I can handle it easily with my miniature hands too.

PigletJohn Thu 31-Dec-15 00:22:51

Milwaukee have a very good reputation and are expensive. They are outside the DIYers range in both respects. The Metabo in your link is also high end.

Do you want it round the house or for trade?

An extra battery is very useful and can also be expensive. People working all day like to have one on charge and one in use.

Both the tools you are looking at are much better than I use.

The person who will use it is the person who should choose. Consider also the weight if it is for a small person.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now