Talk

Advanced search

Best place to buy a bathroom

(16 Posts)
ListObsessed Tue 22-Dec-15 10:01:57

We're planning to refit our bathroom in the new year but don't know where to start looking for the suite and fittings. I would love to hear about places that you would and wouldn't recommend. It's a small bathroom so might be tricky. Will be looking for a bath, wash basin, toilet and electric shower (there isn't currently a shower in there).

Elizabethreallyismissing Tue 22-Dec-15 10:13:47

We've just done ours & everything came from different places. Sink vanity unit from IKEA, toilet from Victors Plum (couldn't find one cheaper anywhere else) shower screen & tray from local plumbers merchant. Bit of a faff but very pleased with it! I absolutely love the sink unit, 2 large drawers for all my make up & products!

Loumate666 Tue 22-Dec-15 11:58:13

I have recommended UK Bathroom Store a number of times on here and continue to do so. Their prices are very good, their pre-sales service is excellent and most importantly, they rectified something for me quite a few months after the event where they could have quite easily have done a 'Your Problem mate' - FWIW, I dealt with a chap called Gary Foster

pizzaeatingmonkey Tue 22-Dec-15 13:04:08

Do not use Bathstore!

ListObsessed Tue 22-Dec-15 17:19:12

What's wrong with Bathstore? I felt uneasy about using them but don't know why. Maybe my instinct was right.

pizzaeatingmonkey Tue 22-Dec-15 18:07:53

We have a tiny house with a tiny bathroom. They designed it badly, they fitted it badly, they re-fitted it badly, the Area Manager bashed his company car into my neighbours wall and thought it was funny he'd damaged the car ( not relevant but showed his attitude to the company), the fitters kept moaning about the company.
It cost £5.5K not including the floor. The expensive tap started leaking after 9 months and the seal at the bottom of the shower started splitting after 6 months. It took them 2 months to come out and fix the problems, very poor customer service: each department blaming the other.
One of them told me to fix the tap myself.
The tap has just started dripping again....arrrgh!

Bearbehind Tue 22-Dec-15 19:06:09

Highly recommend betterbathrooms.com particularly if you have a showroom nearby.

We visited our local showroom, picked a completely different suite to what I'd seen on the Internet, then ordered online hassle free.

The staff were shite it has to be said but, if you do your research, the stuff they sell is very good.

blueandgreendots Tue 22-Dec-15 19:14:13

My colleague had a terrible experience with the bath store so I would avoid them

TiredMummy2015 Tue 22-Dec-15 21:50:43

My bathroom is from better bathrooms and I've found the quality awful. It was only fitter in June and already it looks crappy. The bath is stained, the vanity unit is cracked. It all looks a bit cheap now.

Believeitornot Tue 22-Dec-15 21:52:20

We used a local bathroom store for fittings (ex display still going strong after 5 years) and a local fitter.

Truckingalong Wed 23-Dec-15 07:32:12

These are good but think they might only be local www.plumbase.co.uk/bathrooms-kitchens-5001-0000

Truckingalong Wed 23-Dec-15 07:33:41

I take it back - they're nationwide.

SmellTheGlove Wed 23-Dec-15 09:23:14

We also got bits from different sources, then got someone to fit. Got ideal standard loo, mira shower, aqualux enclosure from homebase in sale, vanity from eBay, bath in the end from bathstore despite some reservations as I wanted back to wall double ended and found one there. Had no problems with it. Bathstore was fine for us, but I haven't heard great things about getting the whole package plus fitting from them. Lots of builders will source stuff for you if ask them. Bristan, grohe, ideal standard, bette all very good brands.

gingerdad Thu 24-Dec-15 08:55:04

We've done two bathrooms in the last ten years. Both got bits from different places. Used Victoria plumb for some of the 2nd bathroom. Cheap but quality not great, wouldn't use again for toilet but shower enclouser was cheap and seems good - 12 months on.

We found what we liked locally then checked internet for better prices. Saved 100 on a heated led mirror for example.

Pipbin Thu 24-Dec-15 09:01:39

We had a local chap who we had used for a variety of stuff before.
He recommended a local plumbers merchants who I would never have found in years.
We are very happy with the quality and so far all is working well.

zgaze Thu 24-Dec-15 09:08:23

We've just replaced a bathroom on the smallest imaginable budget and bought a suite from Plumbworld, it was really really cheap but you'd never know it to look at it. The taps all came from Tap Warehouse and are lovely even though they were also the cheapest and tiles came from wallsandfloors. The trick is to source everything online and look for discount codes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now