Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Really incredibly stupid question about hanging a pendant lampshade

(7 Posts)
Celia1978 Wed 16-Dec-15 14:52:02

Bought this lampshade from Ikea yesterday - it can be used as a lampshade for either a table lamp or for a ceiling light. I want to use it as a ceiling light - but I don't know how! The hole in the middle is 4cm across which is wider than the light fitting - so there's no way of keeping it up. I'm pretty sure that it's not a good idea to rest the lampshade on the actual lightbulb (or is it?!??!??!).

I feel like there must be a gizmo that I need - but what? Please does anyone know? It's annoying me more than it probably should.

Madblondedog Wed 16-Dec-15 14:53:33

It should have come with a smaller piece of plastic in it.....like a C shape which clips into the white plastic that is there - you may need to take it back and swap it over

Madblondedog Wed 16-Dec-15 14:54:29

www.lampspares.co.uk/lampshade-reducing-ring-plastic?gclid=CKPUiaHR4MkCFYpsGwodLLwJeA

cressetmama Wed 16-Dec-15 14:58:25

IKEA light shades all need adaptors. I wish they would train their staff to remind you, but I think they are free.

Celia1978 Wed 16-Dec-15 15:27:18

THANK YOU. Yes, it would definitely be helpful if Ikea mentioned you might need them...

Moving15 Thu 17-Dec-15 08:00:44

On my pendants you take out the light bulb, unscrew the lower part of the pendant and then place the circle bit of the lampshade over the upper screw thread on the pendant, then screw the lower bit of the pendant back on. The lampshade is then fixed onto the pendant. Replace light bulb and hey presto all done. I have never used or seen an ikea adaptor thingy! Sorry if I have completely misunderstood your question!!

Moving15 Thu 17-Dec-15 08:01:41

I'm so sorry I have completely misunderstood haha. You said wider not narrower. Apologies!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now