Talk

Advanced search

which floor is best???

(5 Posts)
duracellmummy Wed 16-Dec-15 11:33:58

Hi everyone. Looking for some advice as we are moving to a "project" house with duracell dog and 4DC.

Front of house has wood floors, back (kitchen/dining and back of garage (utility/laundry) needs something new...concrete underfloor... I would like to put down something like Karndean/Amtico vinyl (hate cold feet)...would this be ok with dog claws? ddog is medium sized and lively (think sliding stops).

would you have , tiles, engineered wood, Vinyl or something else????

thanks

OliviaBenson Thu 17-Dec-15 06:55:21

We have two dogs and we have karndean. It's excellent and bomb proof!

MuddyWellyNelly Thu 17-Dec-15 07:18:34

My sister just put Karndean down at £90/sq m and is livid as it has scratched just from the Dyson. We've just put engineered oak floor down at half that cost in our living areas and are very happy with it. The main (perhaps only) benefit with solid wood over the engineered would be how often you can sand them. Would scratches from dog claws bother you? You can eventually remove them with engineered/solid wood but not from vinyl.

That said, we aren't going to put the wood down in the kitchen. The edges on the planks create a little space for dirt to collect. In-laws have it in their kitchen and it drives me mad with food debris collecting in it. So I'm not much help really grin

The cat has a love/hate relationship with the floor. She's long haired and has hobbit feet so does massive power slides. But she can't get traction to race off like she used to!

duracellmummy Thu 17-Dec-15 11:41:10

thanks so much.
I have engineered oak in the kitchen we are leaving....not keen to have it in the new one.

the scratches on wood don;t bother me really...would on the Karndean though!!. Interesting about the dyson marking but not the dogs....

food for thought there.

Madblondedog Thu 17-Dec-15 13:35:08

May be worth looking at bamboo flooring, that is what we're looking into with ddog as oak engineered flooring damaged far too easily for my liking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now