Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know the price for garage clearances

(7 Posts)
whataboutbob Tue 08-Dec-15 14:27:30

My Dad has 2 garages full of junk which needs to be cleared. I have been quoted £200 per garage which seems steep. If anyone has used a similar service recently and knows how much it should cost, and if you can recommend a firm in kent I'd be very grateful.

Helenluvsrob Tue 08-Dec-15 14:31:08

Same as we were quoted when clearing mums house in Northants - and that was if we allowed him to sell the tools/ scrap ( and there were lathes circular saws etc etc).

We said "oh no that's fleecing us summat awful" or words yo that effect. Did it our selves and spend that much on skips. Nearly killed us!

Take it!

whataboutbob Tue 08-Dec-15 21:16:57

Thanks Helen that sounds like the voice of reason. I only have 1 back and 2 pregnancies have not made it any stronger so think I'll let the clearance guys do the honours.

iwantanewcar Tue 08-Dec-15 21:33:30

Sorry to be the slight voice of doom, but please do make sure that they will not be flytipping. It is a dreadful problem in Kent. I (believe) that for a commercial business to take stuff to the local municipal tips is very expensive. Even a large skip is £150 (including VAT).

notarehearsal Wed 09-Dec-15 07:46:06

I had a whole garage filled with junk, mostly bagged up but not all. The local SERCO here in Kent removed it for £60 about three years ago

whataboutbob Wed 09-Dec-15 14:57:08

Totally agree Iwant. I detest fly tipping and have already noticed that some of these companies only have a mobile phone number. Others have addresses and are registered with the Environment Agency and i would choose such an agency.
Notarehearsal that's very interesting re SERCO. I will contact them.

MimsyPimsy Wed 09-Dec-15 15:07:12

When I investigated some dumped rubbish near us a couple of years ago, I discovered it was actually from a registered waste carrier! They were prosecuted, but it has made me a bit cynical!

Good luck with the clearing. All very stressful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now