Talk

Advanced search

Removing fitted furniture

(7 Posts)
twolittleboysonetiredmum Sun 06-Dec-15 13:44:10

Afternoon
Excitingly we are moving house in ten days and I'm starting to think ahead to what we need to do.
Two bedrooms in the house have fitted furniture - not wardrobes but bedside tables, dressing tables and awful overhead cupboards. We are on a pretty tight budget so can't pay someone to get rid of them. Is it feasible we could carefully remove them and patch up holes then cover with lining paper before wallpapering? Or do I need to find someone who would replaster etc? I've no idea about anything like this but know that I want it gone! Thank you

Madblondedog Sun 06-Dec-15 16:59:39

Just keep unscrewing everything you can see until you run out of anything to take down :-) I took 2 down in our new house, surprisingly easy

Luxyelectro Sun 06-Dec-15 17:05:37

What madblonde said. I have taken some down before and just needed to fill some holes with filler and repaint.
Definitely no plastering involved. I was surprised

randomsabreuse Sun 06-Dec-15 17:13:13

We had the same things. Just unscrew carefully and dismantle to minimise damage underneath then use filler on the holes, sand and paint.

twolittleboysonetiredmum Sun 06-Dec-15 19:38:57

Ooh that sounds way easier than I thought it could be. Thank you!

ivykaty44 Sun 06-Dec-15 19:47:48

We took out nailed to the wall 1980 DIY built in wardrobe and even that just needed filler and sanding,vthen more sanding and filler. We haven't wallpapered but painted over the walls once we stripped wallpaper and the sanded walls several times.

We did have to get ceiling boarded and plasteredvwhich was around £200

A lot of work but worth it.

ivykaty44 Sun 06-Dec-15 19:50:30

This was before

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now