Talk

Advanced search

JL have quotes me £750 for a 3m wide aluminium blind any cheaper wide blinds?

(14 Posts)
Lelivre Sun 06-Dec-15 10:28:02

I couldn't believe my ears! I know it's wide but the drop is only 118cm. It will not be pulled up often at all it is for a kids bedroom.

I really wanted a wide slat wood or wood look with tape but most go up to a max 2.5m. I have found a aluminium blind that's affordable but wood:faux wood would be so much nicer.

If you can help with my wide blind problem...please do as I'm in Google blind search hell

MrsMillions Sun 06-Dec-15 13:28:33

We've been very happy with blinds from blinds2go, good prices on our blackout rollers in this house and custom wooden venetians in old house.

mumsnit Sun 06-Dec-15 13:42:47

I've used 247 Blinds for all my windows which are odd sizes. I've always just got the cheap ones so imagine the better quality wood ones are absolutely fine.

Pipbin Sun 06-Dec-15 13:49:35

I've just has a 'Blinds2go' blind delivered.

Very happy with the quality. Our blind was just over a metre wide and cost about £60. Faux wood but its a lovely finish and you can unclip it and drop i tin the bath too clean it!

The only thing is to make sure you measure accurately and order over the phone if you need any help. They take about a centimetre off and because of that we are having trouble getting the blind to fit. However that is our fault and not Blinds2Go.

LBOCS2 Sun 06-Dec-15 16:59:58

Blinds2go here too - I've had a couple of bits from them before and been very happy with them.

Sprig1 Sun 06-Dec-15 17:27:19

Could you have two 1.5m binds with the cords on opposite ends or would it look horrid?

JT05 Sun 06-Dec-15 17:29:50

Blinds2go fan here as well. They made 2 bespoke 3m Venetian blinds for us. Fab quality and just exactly as we wanted. I wished we had used them for the other windows, but bought off the shelf ones that were standard size.
I will definitely use them again, if we ever get moved!

JT05 Sun 06-Dec-15 17:32:36

Meant to add, they have a huge choice of finishes. We chose off white, wide slatt, faux wood because it was lighter than real wood. With another small window the total cost was under £300.

M0ggy Sun 06-Dec-15 17:52:29

Im not much help, but just to say I really struggle to pull my real wood blind up, its so heavy & when I do manage it, it bows in the middle & looks awful.

Its in the kitchen, 5 ft wide & a 44" drop.

LurkingQuietly Sun 06-Dec-15 18:07:48

Another 247blinds here. Always pleased with the blinds we get from there.

Whatdoidohelp Sun 06-Dec-15 18:12:18

247 blinds are good. As are 247 curtains

VulcanWoman Sun 06-Dec-15 18:18:53

Could you have two separate blinds. Handy when the sun moves around, one open, one closed.

Sanchar Sun 06-Dec-15 18:21:54

I've used blindsuk.net loads of times, they are excellent.

Sanchar Sun 06-Dec-15 18:24:59

Just done a quick quote for a basic aluminium blind for your measurements, £75.

www.blindsuk.net/venetianmm/fasttrack-silver.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now