Talk

Advanced search

Waiting for nationwide mortgage offer....

(15 Posts)
Moving15 Tue 01-Dec-15 10:14:31

Anyone been through the Nationwide mortgage application process recently? We applied on 26 October and have been chasing regularly since, several staff members told us the offer was due to be sent to us last week, then last Friday still nothing and when we chased again someone else told us oh sorry something you sent on 2 Nov hasnt been signed off, arrrggghhhh!! Any tips to try move this along a bit? How long is a typical wait?

SayrraT Tue 01-Dec-15 10:34:19

Well, I didn't have a good experience with nationwide, it took them 7 weeks to give us a DIP then after we had an offer accepted they said there was an issue and they had to refer our case. At this point we went to Halifax and had our mortgage offer in less than a week. We've now been in our new house for a month. Nationwide phoned last week about our mortgage application! I just told them I'd had no faith in them so got a mortgage elsewhere.

I'd suggest calling them everyday for an update. They seemed good at failing to pass on paperwork which we'd sent them.

On the other hand most of my friends have nationwide mortgages and didn't have any issues.

LuciaInFurs Tue 01-Dec-15 10:42:15

Yes, applied 1/10/2015, valuation booked 09/10/2015 and offer on 12/10/2015. We did use a broker though. Are you getting their update texts? I can't understand why they have made you wait so long. I agree, keep calling.

EleanorofCastile Tue 01-Dec-15 10:42:46

We received our mortgage offer from Nationwide on 24th November. The application was submitted on 6th November and the valuation was done the following week. Not sure how helpful this is but our mortgage broker (who handled the application process) did say they thought we'd hear the week after the valuation, which would suggest the time taken was about average for them. However DP is an existing customer, so might have been why it was quicker/why broker anticipated it would be quicker. It's a nail biting time but hold tight for a bit longer i'd say - it sounds like it may just be a formality you are waiting on now!

Moving15 Tue 01-Dec-15 10:54:35

We haven't received any information from them. The only communication we have received is a template text saying our survey was booked for BLANK on BLANK. we are an existing customer but seem to have to chase for any update and then even that info has proved to be wrong. We applied through one of their mortgage advisors who made a big error in the initial application so maybe that early hitch has caused confusion. It's just frustrating when you can't get accurate updates! I will keep calling, the latest promise was that it would be looked at by close of play today. Fingers crossed.

DataColour Tue 01-Dec-15 12:32:00

We applied for mortgage online on 1/11/2015. Homebuyers survey (which we paid for via the nationwide) was carried out on 06/11/2015 and mortgage offer received on the 20/11/2015.
I had to resend my payslip too.
We are Nationwide customers, with the deposit for the house held in their accounts too, plus we've had a mortgage with them previously not long ago, so perhaps that made things a bit quicker for us.
Hope you get it soon!

TheElementsSong Tue 01-Dec-15 16:58:34

OP, are you me? We're in a similar situation (and have had a mortgage with them for years), applied directly to them and what we mostly get from them is a deafening silence interspersed with urgent demands for various documents which they hadn't requested in the first place but are now deemed essential.

Moving15 Tue 01-Dec-15 18:49:08

Thank you for your encouragement!! I spent 40mins on hold and was finally through to someone who worked out that a boc which should have been ticked hadn't been and our application would have sat there forever in limbo. He ticked it and we instantly were sent the offer email. So relieved!!
Theelementssong try asking to speak to Clive! He is my hero of the day!

MummaGiles Wed 02-Dec-15 09:40:31

We got our mortgage offer within a few weeks of applying (we already had a mortgage with them), but when it came to our solicitors confirming funds would be released in time for completion we discovered that they had made the offer in error and they still needed something from my employer. Cue frantic and frequent phonecalls and emails so that we could still exchange in time.

TheElementsSong Wed 02-Dec-15 09:55:49

Great news OP! I can only hope we have some similarly good news soon, but I am not optimistic sad

SpaghettiBrain Wed 02-Dec-15 10:01:01

Hi we just had our offer yesterday from them after a few weeks delay. Were constantly told we would have it by close of business on x day then didn't get it. Very frustrating.

According to broker because they have fab deals on at the moment everyone wants to go with them and they are snowed under.

29redshoes Wed 02-Dec-15 11:20:48

Congrats moving!

We used nationwide and applied direct rather than through a broker. It all seemed to move pretty quickly for us and we would recommend based on our experience. Just shows that it can vary from person to person though!

TheElementsSong Thu 03-Dec-15 13:01:48

Is the valuation generally the last thing they need before the offer is issued? (I can't remember what happened the last 2 times we bought, clearly it was so traumatic that I wiped it from my memory grin).

Our survey/valuation was done last Thursday, results emailed to us on Friday and we also had a text from Nationwide saying that they had received the valuation. I kind of hoped that would be it especially as I have read on this and other fora that the mortgage offer is often issued within a couple of days envy.

The only communication we've had from them was that yesterday they called to say they wanted a different version of my employment contract (which I sent immediately). So now I'm worrying that they're hung up on some of the issues in the survey, but of course they haven't said they have any problems, and I don't want to chase and seem impatient.

Moving15 Thu 03-Dec-15 23:07:56

Have you seen a copy of the survey? Unless the surveyor raises specific issues you should be fine survey wise. As the other posters said to me don't be shy to chase chase chase! It's the only way to get things moving! Nationwide didn't send me any other info of their own initiative, I only heard anything by asking and chasing. The staff I spoke to seemed happy to help so if I was you I would call them first thing for an update.

Moving15 Thu 03-Dec-15 23:12:15

Sorry I misread your post. Doesn't sound as if the valuation is a problem but it does sound as if they need chasing on the employment info. Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now