Talk

Advanced search

What's the very best brand of laminate flooring you can get?

(8 Posts)
gabbybaby Fri 27-Nov-15 19:06:06

After much deliberation between real wood/tiles/laminate for our open plan all of downstairs, to keep it seamless, same flooring in hallway, lounge and open plan kitchen/living/dining (that has half wet ufh, half no ufh), I think we're going to go for laminate as the best solution to use throughout. Ideally, we'd have tiles in kitchen and real wood elsewhere, but as that won't give us the seamless look, and we have seen some good laminates out there, we're going to go for it (the fact that it's significantly cheaper doesn't hurt). So what's the best, top of the range, laminate? We've seen Quick Step and I have say, wasn't that impressed (unless they do an entry level and higher level, and we only saw entry level in which case more searching is required). We've seen commercial grade Villeroy & Boch which we liked. Also some Balterio. I've heard Pergo mentioned, although haven't seen it in the shops. Are there any other brands that we should consider?

MrBennOfFestivalRoad Fri 27-Nov-15 21:26:07

Doesn't really answer your question and not sure whether it's the best but we have Pergo throughout our downstairs, which was put down 6-7 years ago and still looks like new, despite having two young children. I think that we went for the mid-priced one out of three types but it was a few years ago.

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Fri 27-Nov-15 21:28:38

I was going to say QuickStep.

We got the waterproof/resistant one and its meant to be the best in terms of being waterproof. I have an incontinent dog and didn't want the laminate lifting.

fabulousathome Fri 27-Nov-15 22:01:30

Amtico do.some wonderful floor coverings, although it may not officially be laminate flooring.

sleeplessinselondon Fri 27-Nov-15 22:10:34

We've got quickstep largo laminate boards throughout our open plan downstairs and it's fantastic. Looks lovely and is indestructible !

gabbybaby Sat 28-Nov-15 07:21:39

Fabulous - isn't Amtico vinyl? And I read somewhere that vinyl isn't so great with wet underfloor heating? If that's not true (about the ufh - I don't mind the material) then we'll find some to look at. Are both vinyl and good quality laminate ok to use in the kitchen?

I'm going to check what the quick step was that we saw and find out if there's a better one.

wowfudge Sat 28-Nov-15 07:31:19

Yes, Amtico is luxury vinyl tiles, not laminate.

TeamEponine Sat 28-Nov-15 07:47:07

I have quick step right through my open plan downstairs. It looks perfect after five years, and most people think it is real wood. I've been very happy with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now