Talk

Advanced search

what's the name of this thermostat?!

(8 Posts)
WelshMoth Tue 24-Nov-15 17:25:35

I haven't used the timer function on my thermostat since it was installed about 6 years ago but now that I want to use it, I cannot find the instructions for it! I've searched on YouTube to no avail.

Does anyone out there please recognise this?! I can think of no other way of finding out. It only says 'Vaillant' and has no product number or serial number. Help!

RainbowBodyDouble Tue 24-Nov-15 17:26:48

Does it flap down? The face opens?

wowfudge Tue 24-Nov-15 17:31:30

Looks like a Vaillant Timeswitch 140, but agree with pp - the name/model number should be on it somewhere, like the bottom or top edge.

OpheliaMoo Tue 24-Nov-15 17:52:37

This one?

www.uk-plumbing.com/vaillant-timeswitch-140-digital-programmer-p-57219.html

WelshMoth Tue 24-Nov-15 20:55:59

Thanks all.

Wow and Ophelia - I think you're right!
I'll have a look for online instructions now. I'm guaranteed to always be the first up, weekdays and weekends. I'm so used to donning a fleece in the winter until heating warms up - it'll be lovely to wake up to a warm house!

PigletJohn Tue 24-Nov-15 23:51:24

It appears to be a timer, not a thermostat, in which case you need a thermostat as well.

WelshMoth Sun 29-Nov-15 09:17:19

Hi PigletJohn

Oh heck - so for me to be able to set it (with correct days, times, programmes etc), I need to buy a thermostat? Where would it be installed? I may not bother with the fuss then. I only wanted to try and programme my heating to come on without me manually doing it!

PigletJohn Sun 29-Nov-15 10:06:50

It's weird if you haven't already got one, and uneconomical on fuel.

It ought to be in the living room that you use most, as long as there is not an alternative heat source such as a stove in there.

A few very old people still put them in the hall.

You can get wireless ones, if you like the excitement of more frequent breakdowns.

You can also get programmable thermostats, which, for the heating only (they do not control hot water) hold times and temperature settings for times of day within days of week, so you can set them to your usual life pattern. The Honeywell CM907 is particularly good. If you can't find an existing thermostat, you had better consult a heating engineer, for example whoever does the servicing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now