Talk

Advanced search

Stripping lead paint and painting the stairs?

(5 Posts)
TheoriginalLEM Mon 23-Nov-15 10:44:57

First question - how do i safely and efficiently strip lead paint? I don't want to use heat (obviously) and nitro-mors just makes it go into an immovable gunk.

Second - if i want to paint the stairs, how the actual fuck to i get to bed at night?

specialsubject Mon 23-Nov-15 10:58:12

I know the answer to question 2 - you paint every other step, and do the rest the next day.

TheoriginalLEM Mon 23-Nov-15 11:02:30

hmmm, i was afraid of that answer - how do i persuade my dogs only to use every other step?? grin

specialsubject Mon 23-Nov-15 14:10:34

grin

stair gate for one night?

RaphaellaTheSpanishWaterDog Mon 23-Nov-15 14:40:22

I don't know about the dogs - ours aren't allowed in the bedrooms/upstairs during the night although we recently relaxed the no upstairs rule as a result of the fucking fireworks and we have stairgates on our staircases, but you could try Klingstrip on the woodwork which is a poultice stripper from Strippers of Sudbury. I've never used it on wood choosing instead to risk life and limb with a blow torch, although I did use similar on intricate plaster coving at a previous house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now