Talk

Advanced search

Calling Piglet John! Wireless heating question

(5 Posts)
anotherbloodycyclist Sun 22-Nov-15 21:11:33

I have a central heating system with 2 thermostats, one wired next to the boiler which controls the heat on the lower two floors, and then a drayton digistat wireless thermostat on the first floor that controls the top two floors. Except it doesn't! Half the time it doesn't connect to the boiler, and I go through this whole process of switching things on and off, running up and downstairs randomly trying to reset things, which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. This weekend I haven't been able to get any heat to the upstairs. I've changed the batteries, all the lights are on and the flame symbol comes on but nothing happens. Google seems to suggest it may be badly placed and picking up interference. Any ideas anyone? It's been an intermittent problem since it was installed but now seems to happen most days. Also, is there a way to manually override it?

PigletJohn Mon 23-Nov-15 10:54:27

Wireless eh?

You could try taking it off the wall and moving it closer to the receiver.

If it was me I would get a wired one.

anotherbloodycyclist Mon 23-Nov-15 20:34:50

Thanks Piglet John, will trying moving it but if that fails am going to get a wired one that actually works.

PigletJohn Mon 23-Nov-15 20:56:37

Honeywell CM907 is very good, possibly the best.

anotherbloodycyclist Mon 23-Nov-15 21:00:48

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now