Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What trade would do this work?

(8 Posts)
Madblondedog Sun 22-Nov-15 20:16:38

At the front of our property the drive way is almost at the same level of the damp proof course, this needs rectifying. Round the corner, on the side of the property (probably 1.5m away) we have a down pipe which goes into an old metal downpipe which in turn goes into the concrete. This is all backing up, we think because a bit up of dirt has happened at the bottom.

All of this needs fixing but what trade would do it?

evrybuddy Mon 23-Nov-15 11:39:26

Paving, landscape gardeners and driveway people would do all of this - but worth being cautious when work might involve public drains - if you look on you local council's approved dropped kerb contractors list - I've found these people have the right insurance cover and skill levels

Madblondedog Mon 23-Nov-15 11:42:57

I know a driveway company, I just wasn't sure if the drains part of it might be out of their skill set. I can ask I guess smile

evrybuddy Mon 23-Nov-15 11:45:53

We've had a few round for quotes and all seemed well up on drains - used to putting in linear/channel drains in driveways, building soakaways and directing gutters rainfall - I think if you know someone in the business you should be fine.

Madblondedog Mon 23-Nov-15 11:47:37

It was only because of the existing down pipe I was slightly more worried but I'll ask the guys I know and may talk to the builder I've got doing my loft conversion too

evrybuddy Mon 23-Nov-15 11:47:42

pavingexpert.com is a really good website if you're interested yourself - www.pavingexpert.com/dpc01.htm

I think there might even be another site called driveway expert!

evrybuddy Mon 23-Nov-15 11:50:51

We had an old soakaway which had collapsed under our back yard - downpipe goes in but water just backs up - pain in the neck but basically if you can't clear it out and it doesn't go into the sewer system you'll end up with damp and have to dig it out and have a look

maybe yours can just be cleaned out with those metal pipes they use - drain cleaning pipes - long flexible tubes

Madblondedog Mon 23-Nov-15 11:52:35

Yeah we've got early signs of damp

Think I'd rather pay an expert as our drive needs re doing anyway but thanks for the links smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now