Talk

Advanced search

Perfect Fit blinds

(3 Posts)
LagoDiComo Sun 22-Nov-15 19:59:45

Hi there
I am keen on getting some Perfect Fit blinds for my UVPC windows but all the measuring videos say they won't work if the seal (the bit that joins the frame to the glass) is wider than 6mm. Mine are 8mm. I was just wondering if anyone knew what the effect would be if I tried them anyway. I am going to call the company selling the colour I want to see what thy say but just wanted to see if anyone had any experience of this.
Tia!

TheLesserSpottedBee Sun 22-Nov-15 20:34:51

Due to the very precise nature of the blinds we had a local company come out and measure up for us.

We usually buy made to measure blinds online and fit them ourselves but with perfect fit we were having 7 blinds (bay window with French doors and another window) so found a local company.

It also meant they cut the frame to allow for the handles on the windows. We have had them 4 years and love them.

Being a blind company they can advise on the best way to tackle your problem and whether or not you can have them.

For all 7 blinds, 2 full drop ones for the French doors, then 5 x 60cm wide ones, with fitting was £650.

LagoDiComo Mon 23-Nov-15 23:15:53

Thanks lesserspotted. I did have a Hillarys rep come round to measure but he was truly rubbish. Am sure an independent company would be better so I'll give that some thought.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now