Talk

Advanced search

We are finally moving on to valuation/ survey. What next?

(8 Posts)
pud1 Sat 21-Nov-15 21:24:51

We put an offer in on a house nearly 3 months ago. We had a lower offer accepted as we were in a position to move reasonably quickly and the vendor wanted to sell quickly. Unfortunately it has not turned into a quick sale. We had a mortgage in principle but the full application process has been painstaking. First the broker didn't receive our application form and the usual bank statement and payslips. They said they had not got to them. Tbh I thought they were having me on with the lost in the post excuse but they did actually get lost. That was the first delay of about 10 days. Next delay was the New Morgage company needing revised paper work from our existing mortgage and our contest to let. This took Halifax over 2 weeks. Then the new mortgage company wanted us to answer a million questions about our bank statements. They questioned every direct debit. By the time they had done all this another month has passed since the original application do they needed a further months payslips and bank statements.
I know this is the usual stuff that happens but we really thought they were going to reject us but on Friday we were told its proceeding to survey. We instructed our solicitor to do the searches pre mortgage offer to save time so as far as I am aware this has been done. I can't foresee any survey problems so what sort of time frames are we looking at. Is pre Christmas unrealistic? Also is that it regarding our finances? Am I right I thinking we have been approved subject to survey.
Sorry for the boring post but this house buying stuffs a mine field

lalalonglegs Sat 21-Nov-15 22:09:10

I'd discuss it with your buyers and find out when they ideally would like to move and try to work to their timeframe. I have to say, if you were my buyers and it had taken you three months to get to the survey, I would have gone back on the market by now so I think you are really lucky they have stuck with you and you should try and do them a few favours.

pud1 Sat 21-Nov-15 22:24:47

I agree this is why we paid fir searches pre mortgage approval so it would save time in the long run even though we might not have been approved and would have lost the search fee. The vendor has been understanding. My dad died 3 weeks ago so the vendor was made aware there may be some delay

Sunnyshores Sun 22-Nov-15 12:16:23

youre not having a survey done then? Just the mortgage company's valuation

As you already have the searches you should be ready to go in 2 or 3 weeks, but this may come as a surprise to your sellers, so make sure they know and agree.

pud1 Sun 22-Nov-15 13:01:42

It's a home buyers survey. Is that just a quick valuation. I was under the impression that it is a basic survey and if it brings up any issues we can have a more in depth survey.

I know the seller is good to go.

wowfudge Sun 22-Nov-15 14:26:54

A home buyer's survey is between a basic valuation survey and a structural survey.

pud1 Sun 22-Nov-15 15:06:16

I don't want to get my hopes up for a pre Christmas move. I am still worried they are going to come up with some financial problem. It felt like the checks and questions were never going to end

pud1 Wed 25-Nov-15 11:43:41

still no valuation booked.

the broker has also requested 5 days worth of bank statements as there was a gap in the run of statements from the 25t October. i am not too sure why this has come back after they have agreed to proceed to valuation

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now