Talk

Advanced search

Any tips on hanging a gallery?

(8 Posts)
CeeCee123 Fri 20-Nov-15 22:01:26

I have a wall in the living room that i want to hang lots of pictures on, gallery style.

Problem is, I'm rubbish at hanging pictures and figuring out correct spacing etc. Anyone got any tips they'd care to share?

dynevoran Sat 21-Nov-15 06:54:10

Pinterest has lots of sample layout sketches, but I tend to make sure I have enough different frames and just hang one by one a bit randomly. That seems to work well enough.

On my stairs I used a couple of picture ledges and hung the larger pics arround those which also looks good, I think.

Don't overthink it!

Dobbylugs Sat 21-Nov-15 06:59:54

Use command strips to put the pictures up then if you don't like it you can take it down and start again without damaging the wall.

goodbyeyellowbrickroad Sat 21-Nov-15 07:07:27

Pinterest has some good ideas on layouts. I lay the pictures out on the floor first and move them around until I get a layout I'm happy with.

TranquilityofSolitude Sat 21-Nov-15 07:14:49

We started trying to do it with measurements but ended up doing it by eye, which was much quicker and saved our marriage.

I have one wall covered with photos in frames. The bottom and top of the arrangement are aligned, but the frames within those boundaries are not, if you see what I mean.

PigletJohn Sat 21-Nov-15 09:08:54

Picture rail.

Iwanttobeadog Sat 21-Nov-15 10:38:24

Draw around each frame onto newspaper or something and cut them out then blu tac them up in a pleasing arrangement. Bang the hooks or wherever in in the right places, remove templates, hang pictures.

LizzieMacQueen Sat 21-Nov-15 12:37:38

My granny's tip was to align the bottom of the pictures.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now