Talk

Advanced search

Bathroom wwyd..

(4 Posts)
biscuitsfordinner Fri 20-Nov-15 19:07:43

Our family bathroom is currently 2m x 3.20m. On the other side of the wall of the bathroom we have a windowless laundry room with an airing cupboard and the water tank, and a back hallway. We use the airing cupboard for storage and the laundry is basically a dumping ground for things before they get properly sorted I.e outgrown clothes etc. If we were to take the wall out we could double the space of the existing bathroom. We would move the water tank into the loft but I would put a huge armoire to replace the airing cupboard. It would mean we could have a separate shower and bath rather than over bath shower. However we would also lose our very well used dumping ground and 3.2m by 4m seems somewhat large for a bathroom. This bathroom will be for the (4) dc as we will have an ensuite. So what should we do? Utilize space as it is or knock through?

Titsywoo Fri 20-Nov-15 19:09:43

I would keep it as it is to be honest. The bathroom sounds a good size and a laundry room is useful. Could it become a proper utility room with washing machine?

JT05 Fri 20-Nov-15 19:16:45

I'd keep it as it is, far more useful. After all, you either lie down in the bath or stand up in the shower. So bathrooms need not be huge.
If you've got spare cash update the bathroom.

wonkylegs Fri 20-Nov-15 19:23:48

I'd keep it if I were you and maybe think about re jigging the bathroom.
Our family(kids) bathroom is 1.9 x 3.5 and has a large bath, wc, basin and shower cubicle and doesn't feel crowded. It's partially helped by having a large mirror along one wall. When we moved in the previous owners just had a bath and a basin in there as they said it wasn't big enough for anything else - they were very very wrong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now