Talk

Advanced search

Wiper blade arm not moving

(5 Posts)
etttvatre Fri 20-Nov-15 14:54:03

I'm hoping this is the right topic for this....couldn't find a car topic anywhere but then again maybe I didn't look properly.

I was driving along the motorway the other day in the rain, I heard a clonking noise and the passenger side wiper blade stopped moving.

The wiper blade feels completely loose so it's like it has come off a joint somewhere. Is this something I can sort out myself? Any ideas of how to do it?

PigletJohn Fri 20-Nov-15 14:59:19

it is most likely the linkage that joins the drives for the two arms together. It has a number of joints inside and I suppose one has broken or become detached. Most unlikely you can repair it yourself.

If you have a workshop manual and plenty of spanners you can look up the job and see how difficult it seems. The linkage, and access to it, varies by car.

etttvatre Fri 20-Nov-15 15:06:29

Thanks PigletJohn.....I've got plenty of tools so will see if I'll attempt it myself.

Have phoned up a few garages for quotes though so I'll decide after I know how much I'd be saving from it wink

PigletJohn Fri 20-Nov-15 16:01:29

your local library will have, or get, the Haynes manual

PigletJohn Fri 20-Nov-15 16:02:41

your local library will have, or get, the Haynes manual.

You may be able to get the maker's manual online or on disk, it will be enormous.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now