Talk

Advanced search

Bathroom radiators (electric towel heater and wet underfloor heating)

(6 Posts)
Karcheer Wed 18-Nov-15 17:31:46

We're having an extension part of which includes bathrooms.
I'm thinking of having wet underfloor heating and an electric towel heater, my reason for this is I think it would be nice to have a hot towel on days when we might not have the heating on.

Do you think this is a good idea or a bit crazy? Do people normally not have towel heaters if they have underfloor heating? Or electric heaters just old fashioned?

Thanks.

PolterGoose Wed 18-Nov-15 17:38:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Karcheer Wed 18-Nov-15 17:48:25

I've actually found some radiators that are both electric and heated from the boiler...

PigletJohn Wed 18-Nov-15 17:56:46

Will you have a hot-water cylinder?

Karcheer Wed 18-Nov-15 18:17:33

We've a megaflow, is that what you mean piglet?

PigletJohn Wed 18-Nov-15 20:55:39

any type will do.

If it, or the boiler, is adjacent to the bathroom, you can have it plumbed so that the towel rail heats up whenever the boiler is heating the cylinder. This is typically during and while running a bath or shower, and it will stay warm for 20 minutes or so. This is very convenient. You should have it fitted with a TRV so it does not heat up needlessly when the bathroom is already warm.

Towel rails put out less heat than radiators of the same size, especially when encased in towels, so unless your bathroom is very small, it is worthwhile having a radiator as well.

I have come to the conclusion that a towel rack (hotel style) above the rail or radiator is worthwhile for keeping your stack of fresh towels warm and dry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now