Talk

Advanced search

How do you clean a carpet stained with foundation?

(5 Posts)
allexandramiles Tue 17-Nov-15 13:09:03

My 5-year old daughter somehow managed to stain my entire ivory colored carpet while playing with my foundation. Any proven tips on how to clean it up? hmm sad

LaFlottes Tue 17-Nov-15 13:14:06

Firstly - if you have accidental damage cover on your home insurance, this would be an option, but I think they can be funny about it if you've tried to clean it yourself?

If you want to try, I found the waitrose own brand of carpet cleaner spray to be really good. We had a door rehung and the grease/oil from the hinges ended up all over our cream carpet and it came out completely!

Good luck!

allexandramiles Wed 18-Nov-15 09:14:30

I didn't do any attempts to clean the stains on the carpet... decided to ask for advice first which came out to be the better decision! Thank you soo much! flowers I'll try the spray! If the grease came out, my foundation won't be a problem then grin But I doubt that the insurance will cover this, no matter that the stains were not treated

Seeline Wed 18-Nov-15 09:45:39

I find Vanish Powershot cleaner to be really good.
It's done kids paint, baby lotion, WD40, coffee, and numerous unidentified black marks on all our carpets.

LaFlottes Wed 18-Nov-15 10:04:55

Good luck! I'm sure either of the sprays will get it out.

A bit of a tip would be to make sure you blot it really well after you've used the spray. So work it into the carpet, see the stain come away and then blot it with kitchen roll until the kitchen roll is coming away more or less dry. This will stop any water marks too.

Hope it works for you - I think it will be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now