Talk

Advanced search

screening wheelie bins - what was your soloution ?

(13 Posts)
gingeroots Mon 16-Nov-15 10:11:04

I've suddenly ( recently acquired free time in my life ) become aware of how ugly our 4 bins ( 2 flat property ) are .

I'm anxious to transform our forecourt and need to do something about the bins .

My thoughts tend towards something simple like picket fence screening . I'll have to get someone to erect whatever I opt for and I'm wondering if I should get someone to build something as opposed to buying on line .

Any advice ,recommendations for ready made products ?

howtorebuild Mon 16-Nov-15 10:14:05

Could you buy a mature ever green hedge and plant?

gingeroots Mon 16-Nov-15 10:17:33

Mmm - that's a thought I'd not considered .Would really be my ideal soloution .But would need to be more of a hedge I think and might make access to bins tricky ? Maybe if I grew something over a bin screen ???

gingeroots Mon 16-Nov-15 10:19:16

Also ,not to complicate things too much ,am hoping that neighbour will agree to a reconfiguration when he starts his long awaited building works so that we can get bins down the side of our house .But this might be a couple of years ...

TonyMaguire Mon 16-Nov-15 15:50:04

I'm in the same boat. The ones you can buy online seem so expensive for what they are.

gingeroots Tue 17-Nov-15 10:00:42

These are only ones I liked .Affording is another matter .

www.archwoodgreenhouses.co.uk/index.php?page=product&prodId=692

www.internetgardener.co.uk/product/bin-stores/rowlinson-kanny-double-wooden-bin-store/15224

www.internetgardener.co.uk/product/bin-stores/rowlinson-wooden-triple-bin-store/15212

The bins are just so ugly .

Would really like opinions as to whether cheaper to ask someone to construct on site .

PrimalLass Tue 17-Nov-15 10:23:31

www.tesco.com/direct/mercia-pent-garden-store-with-side-door/200-4265.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=200-4265

I do like that one with the space for planting on top.

PrimalLass Tue 17-Nov-15 10:24:53

Lost half my post.

The one I linked to would mean I had space for shelved above the bins, but would be a pain to open every time I took stuff outside. We weill probably just use fence posts and fencing plus a couple of gates.

TonyMaguire Tue 17-Nov-15 15:44:50

I like the one with the plants on top too. For me the shed would be too intrusive, plus I'd think it would be a real ball ache lifting the bins up into it.

TonyMaguire Tue 17-Nov-15 15:46:55

This is a cheap option that may be better than nothing.
www.wheeliebinstoragedirect.co.uk/cat/wheelie-bin-screens/

gingeroots Tue 17-Nov-15 16:10:31

Thanks Tony .I've seen the willow screens but they're not quite to my taste . It's all subjective I guess .

PrimalLass Tue 17-Nov-15 16:13:03

This is what I want really. We already have fence posts in place along the back.

www.primrose.co.uk/triple-picket-wheelie-bin-store-p-8129.html

gingeroots Tue 17-Nov-15 17:42:07

Yes ,me too Lass .That one and a couple of others I would have gone for are discontinued !
So annoying .

Gap in the market and all that ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now